Sunday, September 28, 2014

It's never to early to be thinking about Halloween.


















So sometime over the summer I drove by the College of Idaho and saw a huge pile of super large card board boxes in the grass getting wet from the sprinklers. I quickly went home and got Mike to take the trailer down there to save them. I tried to find the security guard that is usually driving around the campus to ask permission but he was no where to be found. So I picked out the best three boxes and we hauled them home. Mike wasn't too excited about them taking a big chunk out of his little garage but I tried to flatten them as much as possible. Plus they only need to be there until after Halloween, not like it'll be forever. :)

Anyways, a month or so later I finally pulled them out and started trying to decide what I was going to paint. I thought about a Dr. Seuss theme since Mike is the Grinch but Ashley has been talking about being Little Red Riding Hood since last year. So I started trying to combined a few different Story Book characters into my first of four murals. This Hardy's Haunted House is not going to be as big as the previous ones because I'm am barely going to have time to slap paint on this set of murals.
























I have finished the first mural of the 3 little pigs, the big bad wolf and little red riding hood and have started on a two piece candy house from Hansel and Gretel with the gingerbread man. Hoping to get to Goldilocks and the three bears next.




No comments:

Post a Comment