Sunday, September 28, 2014

After school activities























Just because life isn't busy enough we also started after school activities. Owen finally started Cub Scouts. I say finally because I have been trying to get a hold of someone from the Boy Scouts of America the last two summers. I finally asked my mother-in-law Reva if she could find out who I needed to talk to through her church and that same day she had a name and number for me. I was able to get a hold of the Den Leader for our area and two weeks later he went to his first Pack meeting. He is super excited and has had a lot of fun so far.























Ashley started gymnastics at the YMCA as a trial to see if she likes it. I didn't get a very good photo because of all the windows, too much background light. She has fun but her long legs get in the way and her feet drag on the ground while she is on the bars. She was amazed at how sore her whole body was after the first class.

Ashley also started guitar lessons at American Music once a week. We finally after three years of going around and around with the school got her some extra help with her reading but it is at the same time as orchestra would be. So we decided to sign her up for guitar lessons after school instead and she really wanted to learn to play the guitar and wasn't to excited about the violin. So far she is doing really good and she is learning a few Taylor Swift songs.
























As for me, I'm really pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Liz has me teaching a basic belly dance class on Monday nights at her dance studio in Nyssa, Oregon. Some days I feel like it went really well other days I'm wondering why she let me up on the stage. As if that isn't enough I'm also taking a progressive fusion belly dance class in Boise on Tuesday evening at the Cairo Fusion Dance studio. Which is very challenging and a totally different style than I am use to.

I also am now part of three different clubs at CWI. I first signed up for the CWI Web Development Club so I hopefully can learn more and work on a few projects that relate to my classes. Then I signed up for BPA Business Professionals of America to learn more about being professional. Then I was notified that I qualified for Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa. 

So it is going to be a crazy busy year....
























Mike finished the tree house and it is AWESOME. I don't have the best photo of it, so you'll have to stop by and see it. He has been taking on more things with the kids since I'm not at home like I use to be. All the fun things like helping with homework, making dinner, driving them to their activities. He is doing great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment