Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2009 Year of the Doctor!



10 doctor visits so far this January! Well, we started off the year with having to take Alysha to the dermatologist for her rash on her arm which needs to be seen once a month for the next few months. Next was my yearly exam which I showed the doctor my large bump under my arm to see what he thought of it. He sent me to have a mammogram then they sent me to have an ultrasound. They decided that my bump is a swollen lymph node then scheduled me for a needle biopsy so they can figure out the cause of the swelling. I detoured a bit and saw a surgeon to see if we could just skip the needle biopsy and just remove it. Well, guess the surgeon needs the information from the needle biopsy to know what to remove it. So I went in last Friday for the needle biopsy which wasn't as bad as I was expecting. So now I'm just waiting for the lab to call with the results to know what the next step is. Of course I do not have insurance so have racked up $2000 in bills so far. Well, you would think that would be all for this month but no!. Owen's eyes got red and swollen this weekend so took him in to the doctor, yep pink eye. Then Sunday night Alysha was up all night with an ear ache so took her to the doctor on Monday, two ear infections. Then a few hours later Owen started complaining about his ear so took him to the doctor, yep ear infection also. I asked Ashley, when and what are you going to come down with? Luckily the kids have insurance but still with co-pays and medicines still adds up quickly. I'm just hoping the rest of the year isn't going to be like this!! I'll be doing some major cleaning and disinfecting at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment