Tuesday, November 4, 2014

This is Halloween

















This year our Hardy's Haunted House theme was classic storybooks. I spent my free time on the weekends painting a handful of cardboard murals to set up in the garage for Halloween night. There was murals of the three little pigs, little red riding hood and the bid bag wolf in the forest. A candy house with the gingerbread man in the window. Hansel and Gretel in a cage in the candy house. Goldilocks and baby bear in a cage along with a glowing fire. The witch's apothecary, mama and papa bears, the ugly duckling and Peter rabbit.

On Halloween we all dressed up and waited for trick or treater's to show up. When they walked in the front haunted house door, I would say "Nibble nibble like a mouse, who's been nibbling on my house?" Then when they came into the candy house door, I'd ask "Was it you, or was it you? As I pointed at them, while I was all dressed up as an ugly old witch. Then I'd say, "I can't see very well, may I feel your finger?" Some would let me feel their finger and others wouldn't. Then I'd say, "Nope, not plump enough you need to eat more candy" while putting candy in their bags. Then I'd say, "you eat lots of candy then you'll be nice and plump... and very tasty". As they would leave, I'd say "you come back around Thanksgiving, don't forget... You'll be nice and tasty by then." I had way to much fun with it. The kids all had fun trick or treating the neighborhood and playing with their cousins.






















































Setting up the lighting

The front window

Lights all set up












































































Nibble nibble like a mouse, who's been nibbling on my house.

Was it you?
































Alysha, half skeleton - half pretty girl

The big bad wolf and little dead ridinghood

Death came knocking on my door

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf and the old witch?

My niece Delaney as Dorothy





Ready to fly home





No comments:

Post a Comment